April 28, 2010

8
I can be in control of my destiny

It has been a rough couple of weeks for me, and along the way the scale has crept back up.  Add a business trip (which I choose to translate to free dessert with every meal) to the mix and you have one fluffy lady! I don't feel good and have lost that spring in my step.  Something has got to change.  And last night something clicked.

Watching The Biggest Loser last night, the story of D (the one who walked with O'Neil) really struck a chord with me.  She talked about how her Mom passed away at 56 and her family had a history of high blood pressure and diabetes, but she was going to change that and break the cycle.  My Mom died at the age of 56, having obesity and other health problems for the majority of her adult life.  I will be turning 33 this summer and it scares the hell out of me (pardon) to think of only having 23 years left on this earth!  Especially if I become a mother.

After my mom passed I had a fire inside of me to get healthier for her, I owed it to her to live a long and healthy happy life since she wasn't able to.  That is still in my heart, but now I have been energized with the fact that I want to do it for me.  I know I can lose weight, I just need to get back on track and refocus.  Everyone can cheer you on but until you have that feeling inside of yourself to push you to make the change, it won't happen.  I got that feeling last night....and it feels great.

It feels good to know that I have made the decision to start living for me again.  Taking it one day at a a time, and right now one hour at a time...but I know I will get back into the swing of things again soon and be back on my way to being healthy again.  I often tend to be a cheerleader for others before I cheer myself up.  I'm working on that and it isn't easy, I end up feeling selfish alot of the time.  But something switched last night and I felt like I wanted to prove everyone wrong who has thought that I can't change how my future will be.  I can....and I am going to start TODAY.

So enter the latest Shrinking Jeans challenge and just at the right time!  
(how do these ladies and gent know!)
Sisterhood 21-Days Challenge

So for the next 21 days I am going to focus on:
1) Taking my vitamins everyday. 
2) Drinking at least 2 liters of water everyday
3) NO sneaking food.  (This is a dangerous habit that I have gotten back into over the last few weeks, like it doesn't count if no one sees me.  Yeah, that's obviously a lie.)

*Thank you all so much for your support thru my downhill slide, I have tried to keep up with some of you thru Twitter and your blogs.  Your sweet emails and comments have meant the world to me.  I know we all struggle at times, but when I am down  I feel like not wanting to pollute everyone else's clean water with my yuck.  But that often is when you need it the most.


8 comments:

*Lissa* said...

Love you, Mendie!

You can do this! I hope brighter days are ahead!

P.S. I totally do the if-know-one-saw-me-it-doesn't-count thing too.

Brooke said...

the challenge was perfect timing for me too. its like their reading our minds or something
*puts on aluminum foil hat*

you can totally do this for you. *hugs*

Furry Bottoms said...

I strongly agree with you on the sneaking food part. You might fool other people, but you cannot fool your own body. That mantra has been running through my head for days now.

Have fun with the shrinking! :)

Ace said...

I'm a food sneaker too and I hate that about myself. I feel like if I buy something good I have to hide it or I won't get any. I need to break that too. But you can do it! Look at how far you've already come! And we'll be here cheering you on!

Bari said...

Big Puffy Heart Love You Mendie! Your post brought tears to my eyes. My mom passed away at 42 and for years I thought I would follow in her footsteps. Here's to us charting our own paths and getting healthy for US! I'm so glad you found your motivation last night and that you were there to share some with me today :)

Tiffany S said...

Awesome reason behind your goals. You can and WILL be a healthier person than your mom. And you will rock this challenge!

Krissy @ ArtsyMom said...

The stories on biggest loser always got me. That's why I am losing weight. For my kids. I don't want to get sick or die at a young age and leave my kids... My mom has high blood pressure and diabetes because of being overweight and I'm scared of that happening to me. :)


My Mommy Blog

My Weight Loss Blog

Audrey said...

I'm so sorry you've been going through a rough patch lately. Sounds like it's going around. Good for you for hopping back in with both feet. I hear you on the sneaking food thing. If they don't see me somehow I think it doesn't count. *sigh* Love you - you can do this! xoxo

Post a Comment