February 17, 2010

9
Weigh-in Wednesday

Time to weigh in with the Sisterhood....it is Wednesday for Pete's sake!
I am walking to the scale hanging my head in shame this week. I know its not going to be good.

Result: I am up 1.8 lbs this week and am not at all surprised.

I haven't worked out since last week (gasp I know....and I was doing SOOO good), and even though I have competed in a few events for the Shrinking Jeans Olympics, I'm not counting those because while my muscles still ache, they only lasted 3 minutes.We had pizza Friday night and had leftovers for dinner on Saturday. I did good at the baby shower this weekend, and only had a lick of frosting.

But then there were the cookies...my favorite cookies of all time!

{February 14}

I asked my husband for these thumbprint cookies for my Valentine's Day present....and he got me a big one too from Emma!  I had all intentions of rationing them out, maybe having 2 on Sunday and then enjoying 1 a day for the rest of the week.  Well needless to say, that didn't exactly happen (this picture is all that remains of said cookies).

So what this weekend taught me is that I still do not have the self control when it comes to special treats.  Nor am I over the eating just because it's a holiday or get-together.  It's a work in progress, I know this, it's just frustrating when I slip up again.  I just need to keep working at it and not give up just because the scale is up this week.



9 comments:

Brooke said...

i'm the same as you - i can't allow myself just a little. i'm either 100% good or i let it go all to heck.

the good news for us is that we don't have another holiday for another 40 days or so!!

Ashlee said...

ugh, i'm the same way. that's why, if JJ does get me something like that, I tell him to get the smallest size or just one single whatever it is. zero self control.

Christie O. said...

oh, but you had such a great valentines! don't beat yourself up over that, just head back to the working out and eating right, you're not off the wagon yet, girl! xo

LaughingLady said...

Oh, self-discipline is SOOOOOO hard!!! And I can't decide if it really is worse to binge one day and then behave the rest of the week, or to have one or two indulgences every day. There's arguments for and against BOTH!

But it really does boil down to discipline. Doing what we KNOW is good for us rather than what we FEEL like doing. That's such a difficult choice to make so often though ~ because what's good for us often doesn't feel like very much fun!!!

Mommy Mo said...

My self-control was at an all-time low this week, too. Can you pass some of those cookies over here?!!!!

imadramamama said...

You are never going to be always losing. Never. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you gain. But you just need to strive toward making the scale go down MORE OFTEN then up.

Don't sweat this one week. Make the changes you need to and see what happens?

Melissa List said...

I am the same this week. Which is weird, because I haven't worked out in a week. But I'm back on WW so I think that helped a little!

AnnG said...

You can do this!! Just get back on track and EXERCISE!! That weight will come right back off!

Bari said...

I love your attitude, Mendie-you had some slip ups, but instead of getting all down on yourself (like someone I know quite well), you recognize where you need to make changes and you will make those changes. Self control is so hard! I just can't have stuff in the house that I'll binge on (no ice cream here, no brownies, no cookies). My kids hate it.

Post a Comment