August 24, 2009

1
You're such a pain in my back!

It was a beautiful cool day, one of the kind that lets you know fall is on it’s way. I got up and went outside to start pulling some weeds from the front landscaping and trim up the pond plants that have started to fall into the water and the mint that has grown like wildfire.

Spent about 3 hours outside doing that and cleaning up the Lilly leaves that were starting to turn brown. Felt accomplished when I came back in, and the fish seemed much happier to not have the random lily pads in their way.

Had some lunch, did some laundry and then went out for my first day of C25K-week 3. This is the one that has 1.5 minutes of run/walk then 3 minutes of run/walk repeated twice. Was kinda of nervous (ok a lotta nervous), but I had to try it. First round was good…struggled and slowed down a bit but made the whole 3 minutes of running. Had side pains again, tried to focus on slow breathing but they still nagged as I started the second round. Ending up stopping at 2 minutes because I felt like I was going to pass out. Walked the last minute and then started the last 3 minutes of walking. I instantly felt disappointed in myself for stopping the long run. So I decided to run the last minute instead of walking. I was panting, but am glad I did it.

Woke up in the middle of the night for a potty break, and my glutes and hamstrings were killing me. Calves were fine, which is what hurt last week after my runs, so figured it was a combination of squatting while weeding and running that made my buns ache. Then this morning when I got up, my lower back was KILLING me. Seriously, I haven’t had this much back pain for a long, long time. Continued to ache as I got ready and left for work. Walked into the office with my laptop bag very slowly, still feeling it. Felt like I was walking like a 100 year old! Sitting here at my desk trying to stretch it out and hope it goes away throughout the day.

So the moral of the story, sorry kinda drug that out eh, is that even if you are fearful of something ,you should at least try to do it and not be afraid of how’ll you’ll feel afterwards. And you might want to try it on a day you will be doing something else, so if you do ache the next day, you can’t directly attribute it to what you were afraid of!

Stupid weeds...why must you cause me so much pain! Oh well, at least fall is almost here then you will die. That will make me happy!


1 comments:

Brooke said...

i had to weed my flower bed this weekend, but stopped after "just" an hour. i'd only completed half the work. i'll have to do the other half sometime this week.

Post a Comment