July 29, 2009

4
So you say you want to be a runner...then C25K is for you!

I have been contemplating starting the Couch to 5 K (C25K) program for a while now, and I decided this week to suck it up and do it. Yes...I'm serious! I figure it can help me get to my goal quicker than just doing the 30 Day Shred or FIRM videos which have proven to help me loose inches but slowed down the weightloss.

Let me explain a little about why I have hesitated to start this program. I am sooo not a runner. Having a large chest has made it uncomfortable and of course being heavy never made it something that was fun to do. So the thought of running then walking then running then walking thru my neighborhood during the first few weeks was very scary for me. But I decided that I needed to at least try the program and see how my body reacted to it.

I tend to overanalyze things and think the worst about a situation, so maybe it won't be so bad. Oh it's gonna be tough and I'm gonna feel like quitting probably more than once. But I am going to take it one day at a time...60 seconds at a time...and see what happens. Who knows...maybe in 9 weeks I will be calling myself a runner!

I'm starting today so I'll let you know how it went tomorrow!

I


4 comments:

LaughingLady said...

My sister-in-law/cousin just started this program a couple of weeks ago ~ you should really check out her blog!

I love the new digs and I wish you all the best in this pursuit!!!

LaughingLady said...

PS. She was SOOOOOOO not a runner either!

*Lissa* said...

Congrats!! I am going to start this too, as soon as I get over this dang injury that's been plaguing me! I'm proud of you for taking the leap!

~Mendie~ said...

Thanks ladies! I was soo nervous!

Post a Comment